#4 - EDS UII Internal Competition


Assalamualaikum,

It has been bout 5 weeks since I experienced the exciting vibe participating in the English Debate Competition. That day, we have learned a lot. The internal English debate competition held by EDS UII today was superb. Started at 7 in the morning and ended at around half past 8 exactly just a couple of minutes ago. Me including my teammates had pretty much negative thoughts of giving up in the beginning. But the fact that we've came at this stage together as a team is such a big achievement for me. Even when we defeated many times by the other team, just please don't ever lose hope.



Alhamdulillah no sweat worth nothing. I've got the 9th place as the best speaker. But when you pay more attention to the table (above), I actually scored the same those who got 7th and 8th place. Oh and I got the same score as my debate teammate, Diah. And because of that, our team ranked 5th based on team score. What an achievement! :-)




I realized that debate is not about winning or losing in a competition. Let's just say that debate is our teacher. It teaches us of how to be a critical thinker, not only of how well we deliver our arguments but also how well we listen the other team's arguments, it teaches us how to work well in team, about the solid teamwork, it teaches us how to question every possibilities happen in this life and search for the answer ourselves with an open minded mind.




Thank you for all these precious times we've spent together as a team. I know we may not perfect, we're still lacking of many aspects in debating. But we promise to keep trying, learning so we can do even better than today. Thanks to our coach, mba Zhifa and also the other coaches of EDS UII. Thank you for embracing us, guide us even from zero until we hopefully become a hero in the near future. I'm so grateful to have you guys in my life.



"We learn in debate, in debate we unite!"

No comments:

Post a Comment