#3 - UII English Debate Society


Assalamualaikum,

Another new family of mine!

When I first knowing that this English debate society exists in my university, I felt the urge to join this. It’s been almost 4 months since I’ve joined. And it feels like getting to know new family. The members, the seniors, coaches, all of them are so kind. I just feel so grateful to get to know them in my life.

The picture was taken back then on October 2nd, second day of EDS Camp. The camp was held at Kaliurang st. km >25 if I’m not mistaken. One of the most exciting experience I’ve ever had in my college days. We were gathered together in the auditorium and had a discussion with successful seniors. The best past was when Lord Zaka (our main coach) gave a speech and also shared lot of knowledge in both debating and public speaking. I’ve never been so amazed at the way Indonesian speak English before. Lord Zaka’s English speech is the best I’ve ever heard, at least for now. He spoke so clearly even when the fact that it almost seemed like he was rapping just because he talked damn fast.


Oh and I want to talk about being in the creative design division’s shadow member here lol. I supposed to be in the public relation design but I literally felt like I’m doing nothing in that division. Then I volunteered myself to join the creative design, you know I do like designing and creating stuff, so that’s why I decided to move division. And that time creative design division really need help in decorating the auditorium. They have for like 6 to 7 members but only two that actually came to pay attention and care.


I’m not sure if these gurls were in creative division but they helped me decorating stuff back then, really thankful for that. You guys—us, were doing great work. Even if the design wasn’t that great, but it was more than enough for me. You know, sometimes it’s not about the result, it’s about the progress. We spent lot of times together, great times, with jokes and laughter. I do hope that we could be friends, or even family afterwards.
Thank you guys for getting to know me,
Thank you EDS for the great time,

May success always be upon us.

Bika

No comments:

Post a Comment