#6 - Data Science Weekend 2016


Assalamualaikum,

I’m coming with another wonderful event experience!

Data Science Weekend 2016

We know that not a lot of people in Indonesia has known or even heard about big data and data science. But little did you know, actually big data plays a really important role in our lives. Big data is everywhere. I've heard someone said before that "Big data is the next generation of a furtune teller". And I believe that too. Big data can control us. Big data can read our minds. There are lot more the importances of big data that we haven't gotten to know yet.

I’m really curious with data science and big data these days. I borrow several books about it from my campus library and start joining facebook groups about it. I first knew this event when I was driving my motorcycle to my kos. On the way I saw a big poster of DSW in front of the faculty of mathematics and applied science building. I thought that it’d be embarrassing if I stop my motorcycle and take a picture of it. Then I contacted my friend from statistics department to take a picture of the big poster. After that I searched about it on the internet and found the website. Amazed with the notable speakers that would deliver a presentation on the event, I decided to register myself as the participant. I asked my mom first if I could join because the ticket price is pricey for college students. My mom then said, “Go use the money. You know it’s good for you so Mom and Dad will provide anything for the better of you”. Then I soon bought the ticket from one of lecturer in department of statistics. The event is just like a seminar. But still, the vibe is different because so many experts came and mostly they are foreigners.

Attending Data Science Weekend for two days and it was superb! Got a lot of new knowledge about big data and data science in two days of the event. I've seen and learnt from notable people in various of field from big data scientist or analyst, people in the field of IT, and also the government staff that give a full support in the progress of big data system in Indonesia.



I made the summary of seminar materials myself. If maybe any of you curious of what was the topic that the speaker had delivered you can download and see a bit of the seminar materials HERE.

Thank you for Data Science Indonesia, the keynote speakers, the trainers, and the staffs of DSW2016 for making this holy cool event happened in my university. Truly, it's a honour for me to have you guys at this incredible event. I hope I can go and join this awesome event again next year!

Thank you for my partner-- mba Cahya, the media analyst for Awesometrics who works in Jakarta. Thank you for the unforgettable memories. I was smiling at the entire way back to home. Last but not least, Alhamdulillah all praises to Allah for giving me the chance to have this wonderful experience in my life.

Until then,


Bika

No comments:

Post a Comment